Compare to the active ingredient in Unisom® SleepTabs®. GoodSense® Sleep Aid Tablets are a clinically tested, proven effective aid to help reduce difficulty in falling asleep.
Tips for getting a good night's sleep:
- Go to bed and wake up at the same time every day..
- Try to keep the same sleep schedule on weeknights and weekends. Limit the difference to no more than about an hour. Staying up late and sleeping in late on weekends can disrupt your body clock's sleep–wake rhythm.
- Use the hour before bed for quiet time. Avoid strenuous exercise and bright artificial light, such as from a TV or computer screen. The light may signal the brain that it's time to be awake.
- Avoid heavy and/or large meals within a couple hours of bedtime. (Having a light snack is okay.) Also, avoid alcoholic drinks before bed.
- Avoid nicotine (for example, cigarettes) and caffeine (including caffeinated soda, coffee, tea, and chocolate). Nicotine and caffeine are stimulants, and both substances can interfere with sleep. The effects of caffeine can last as long as 8 hours. So, a cup of coffee in the late afternoon can make it hard for you to fall asleep at night.
- Spend time outside every day (when possible) and be physically active.
- Keep your bedroom quiet, cool, and dark (a dim night light is fine, if needed).
- Take a hot bath or use relaxation techniques before bed.
Napping during the day may provide a boost in alertness and performance. However, if you have trouble falling asleep at night, limit naps or take them earlier in the afternoon. Adults should nap for no more than 20 minutes.
This information is general, and your health status may require a unique approach. If you have concerns about your sleep, you should contact your healthcare provider.
Source: National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute, National Institutes of Health
Active ingredient (in each tablet): Doxylamine succinate 25 mg, nighttime sleep-aid.
Inactive ingredients: anhydrous dibasic calcium phosphate, dibasic calcium phosphate dihydrate, FD&C blue no. 1 aluminum lake, magnesium stearate, microcrystalline cellulose, sodium starch glycolate.
- Adults and children 12 years of age and over: take one tablet 30 minutes before going to bed; take once daily or as directed by a doctor.
- Children under 12 years of age: do not use.