Curb Your Nicotine Cravings
Compare to the active ingredient in Nicorette® Gum. GoodSense® Nicotine Polacrilex Gum, 2 mg (nicotine), Original Flavor is part of a Nicotine Replacement Therapy. Nicotine Replacement Therapy (NRT) is designed to wean your body off cigarettes.
Nicotine Replacement Therapy helps regulate, control, and gradually reduce your body’s cravings for nicotine. Smoking has two addictive components, a physical and a mental need for the nicotine in tobacco. You need to conquer both to succeed. Nicotine Polacrilex Gum can ease your physical nicotine addiction, but your readiness and resolve are necessary to help overcome the mental side of your cigarette dependence. So once you’re ready, it’s time to begin. For more information and for a FREE individualized stop-smoking program, please visit www.SmokeFreeHabits.com.
Active ingredient: Nicotine polacrilex (equal to 2 mg nicotine), stop-smoking aid.
Inactive ingredients: acesulfame potassium, calcium carbonate, carnauba wax, flavors, gum base, sodium bicarbonate, sodium carbonate anhydrous, sorbitol, talc.
- If you are under 18 years of age, ask a doctor before use.
- Before using this product, read the enclosed User’s Guide for complete directions and other important information.
- Begin using the gum on your quit day.
- If you smoke your first cigarette within 30 minutes of waking up, use Nicotine Polacrilex Gum, 4 mg.
- If you smoke your first cigarette more than 30 minutes after waking up, use Nicotine Polacrilex Gum, 2 mg according to the following 12 week schedule: Weeks 1 to 6, 1 piece every 1 to 2 hours; weeks 7 to 9, 1 piece every 2 to 4 hours; weeks 10 to 12, 1 piece every 4 to 8 hours.
- Nicotine gum is a medicine and must be used a certain way to get the best results.
- Chew the gum slowly until it tingles. Then park it between your cheek and gum. When the tingle is gone, begin chewing again, until the tingle returns.
- Repeat this process until most of the tingle is gone (about 30 minutes).
- Do not eat or drink for 15 minutes before chewing the nicotine gum, or while chewing a piece.
- To improve your chances of quitting, use at least 9 pieces per day for the first 6 weeks.
- If you experience strong or frequent cravings, you may use a second piece within the hour. However, do not continuously use one piece after another since this may cause you hiccups, heartburn, nausea or other side effects.
- Do not use more than 24 pieces a day.
- It is important to complete treatment. If you feel you need to use the gum for a longer period to keep from smoking, talk to your health care provider.