Curb Your Nicotine Cravings
Compare to the active ingredient in Nicorette® Lozenges. GoodSense® Nicotine Polacrilex Lozenges 4 mg (nicotine), Mint Flavor, is part of a Nicotine Replacement Therapy. Nicotine Replacement Therapy (NRT) is designed to wean your body off cigarettes.
Smoking has two addictive components, a physical and a mental need for the nicotine in tobacco. You need to conquer both to succeed. Nicotine Polacrilex Lozenges can ease your physical nicotine addiction, but your readiness and resolve are necessary to help overcome the mental side of your cigarette dependence. So once you're ready, it's time to begin. For more information and for a FREE individualized stop smoking program, please visit www.SmokeFreeHabits.com.
Active ingredient (in each lozenge): Nicotine polacrilex, 4 mg (nicotine), a stop smoking aid.
Inactive ingredients: aspartame, magnesium stearate, mannitol, natural peppermint flavor, potassium bicarbonate, sodium alginate, sodium carbonate, xanthan gum.
- If you are under 18 years of age, ask a doctor before use. No studies have been done to show if this product will work for you.
- Before using this product, read the enclosed User's Guide for complete directions and other important information.
- Begin using the lozenge on your quit day.
- If you smoke your first cigarette more than 30 minutes after waking up, use 2 mg nicotine lozenge.
- If you smoke your first cigarette within 30 minutes of waking up, use 4 mg nicotine lozenge according to the following 12 week schedule:
- Weeks 1 to 6: 1 lozenge every 1 to 2 hours
- Weeks 7 to 9: 1 lozenge every 2 to 4 hours
- Weeks 10 to 12: 1 lozenge every 4 to 8 hours
- Nicotine lozenge is a medicine and must be used a certain way to get the best results.
- Place the lozenge in your mouth and allow the lozenge to slowly dissolve (about 20-30 minutes). Minimize swallowing. Do not chew or swallow lozenge.
- You may feel a warm or tingling sensation.
- Occasionally move the lozenge from one side of your mouth to the other until completely dissolved (about 20-30 minutes).
- Do not eat or drink 15 minutes before using or while the lozenge is in your mouth.
- To improve your chances of quitting, use at least 9 lozenges per day for the first 6 weeks.
- Do not use more than one lozenge at a time or continuously use one lozenge after another since this may cause you hiccups, heartburn, nausea, or other side effects.
- Do not use more than 5 lozenges in 6 hours. Do not use more than 20 lozenges per day.
- It is important to complete treatment. If you feel you need to use the lozenge for a longer period to keep from smoking, talk to your health care provider.